Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's About Time!

Ever wondered what God was up to and why He wasn't on your schedule??!  It's easy to lose heart when we want, and expect, things to happen NOW and they don't!  But God often (usually) has other plans...better plans.  

The Sioux Falls Vineyard has been in the "vision" stage for a while. When I thought we were ready to move into the "go" stage, God pushed the pause button.  I lost my job in March--the job that God used to get us to Sioux Falls!  While I was thankful that God used that job to move us to our destination, I was surprised that I didn't get to keep it!  There are some circumstances in life that steal our energy, sense of normalcy, and feeling of stability.  Losing a job is one of them!  But looking back, I see how God used that season without a job to draw us closer to Him and recognize that our dependency is not anywhere else but in Him.  I'm glad that we've moved beyond that season, but I'm extremely thankful for the lessons learned!

I'm also thankful that God, in the end, went above and beyond all that we could have asked or imagined.  God DID have other plans...better plans.  I'm in a job environment that is everything I hoped for and more.  Though things were tight for a while financially, He provided for every need and we incurred no debt.  And the timing was right on...we completed the church planting process just when everything else fell into place. 

God knew what He was doing.  And now...it's "go" time!

1 comment:

  1. On your Mark....get set...GO!

    We're so excited for you Kevin! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete